Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A good poker article

I've always enjoyed reading Card Player magazine. They often have great articles from talented writers and gambling thinkers. When I used to go to cardrooms on a daily basis, I looked forward to the new issues of Card Player, and always read the articels by Roy Cooke, David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth (I don't think Sklansky and Malmuth writes articles for them anymore, but they used to), Bob Ciaffone and Chuck Sippl (on sports gambling). I haven't had the opportunity to pick up Card Player nearly as often lately since I don't visit the card rooms often. However, they do make their articles available online, and lately, I have really started to enjoy the articles by Barry Tanenbaum. His articles are well thought out, written intelligently and brings useful insight to the player.

Specifically, he had a two-part article that I wanted to point out. It is an article regarding Prospect Theory and applying it to poker players. I won't go into detail about the theory or his articles, but instead, I'll just provide a link and suggest you go read it...and read all of his articles if you have the time. He co-write these two articles with Rachel Crosen, an associate professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Understanding Poker Errors Through Prospect Theory - Part 1
Understanding Poker Errors Through Prospect Theory - Part 2

Barry Tanenbaum's other articles can be found at this link:
Tanenbaum's articles

I'm sure many more people read Card Player than my blog. But I still wanted to point these articles out in case the reader of my blog missed them.

No comments: