Sunday, June 05, 2005

Research for a shorthanded hold'em book

I've decided I need to do some research for the shorthanded limit hold'em book. My current thoughts on this research will constitute:

1. Playing 50,000 hands in 10/20. This will be useful to see the data from Poker Tracker, as well as build up some more experience at these games. After playing 6,000 hands, I can already see many of the players are looser than I expected (compared to 15/30, 20/40 and 30/60), and that means some of the strategy should be different. For example, I think some hands can be limped in with UTG in a 6 handed game in these loose games (but the key is to identify you are in one of these games to begin with). Hands such as JTs, T9s, A5s, may be ok to limp in with. I haven't completely decided yet, but it sure is looking that way now. More hands, and more experience at the 10/20 limit will clarify my thoughts on this issue.

2. Within a few months, hopefully enough people will be confident in my name and my book that they will be willing to supply their Poker Tracker info in exchange for a summary of the total results. It would be nice to get 1 million hands so there can be enough hands to see specific hands in specific positions. If you have 50,000 or more hands logged in 10/20 and higher, and you are interested (no commitment yet), please email me : kingyao@comcast.net - and I'll contact you back in a couple of months.

No comments: